The continuing education hours required for cosmetologists, facial specialists, nail specialists and full specialists license has been lowered to a minimum of ten (10) hours, effective February 6, 2020. For more information, click here.
Cosmetologists, Full Specialists, Facial Specialists, and Nail Technicians: Required a minimum of 10 hours every two-year licensing period, all of which must be in the following Board approved topics:
- minimum of 1 hour HIV/AIDS
- 3 hours of sanitation and sterilization,
- one-half (.5) hour OSHA,
- one-half (.5) hour workers’ compensation,
- 2 hours of laws and rules,
- 1 hour of chemical makeup,
- 1 hour of environmental issues,
- 1 hour of any subject related to the practice of cosmetology.
Hair Braider, Hair Wrappers, and Body Wrappers: New effective July 1, 2020, The Occupational Freedom and Opportunity Act, (HB 1193) was enacted eliminating current registration requirements as a hair braider, hair wrapper, and body wrapper.
For any additional questions or concerns regarding HB 1193, please contact your Board.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please contact the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation at (850) 487-1395 or http://www.myfloridalicense.com/DBPR/cosmetology/