Cosmetologists, Full Specialists, Facial Specialists, and Nail Technicians: Required 16 hours every two year licensing period, all of which must be in the following Board approved topics:
- 2 hours of HIV/AIDS & other communicable diseases,
- 1 hour of Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations,
- 3 hours of sanitation and sterilization,
- 1 hour of issues of workers' compensation as they pertain to Florida law,
- 2 hours of chemical make up as pertains to hair, skin and nails,
- 2 hours of State and Federal laws and rules pertaining to cosmetology, salons, specialists, specialty salons, and booth renters; specifically including but not limited to Chapter 477, F.S., and the Rules of the Board,
- 1 hour of environmental issues and
- 4 hours of Board approved elective continuing education.
Hair Braider, Hair Wrappers, and Body Wrappers: Required 2 hours of HIV/AIDS every two year licensing period.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please contact the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation at (850) 487-1395 or http://www.myfloridalicense.com/DBPR/cosmetology/
Paragon CET currently has 2 Special Offer Packages available online that fulfill these requirements. Click Here For Offers.
Update: If you require a booklet in the Florida area please see updated notice regarding delivery.