The continuing education hours required for cosmetologists, facial specialists, nail specialists and full specialists license has been lowered to a minimum of ten (10) hours, effective February 6, 2020. For more information, click here.
Cosmetologists, Full Specialists, Facial Specialists, and Nail Technicians: Required a minimum of 10 hours every two year licensing period, all of which must be in the following Board approved topics:
- minimum of 1 hour HIV/AIDS
- 3 hours of sanitation and sterilization,
- one-half (.5) hour OSHA,
- one-half (.5) hour workers’ compensation,
- 2 hours of laws and rules,
- 1 hour of chemical makeup,
- 1 hour of environmental issues,
- 1 hour of any subject related to the practice of cosmetology.
Hair Braider, Hair Wrappers, and Body Wrappers: Required 2 hours of HIV/AIDS every two year licensing period.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please contact the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation at (850) 487-1395 or http://www.myfloridalicense.com/DBPR/cosmetology/