Apply Using a Printable Application
A Florida cosmetology license is required to perform cosmetology services. If your original license has gone null and void due to non-renewal, you may qualify for licensure through this process.
- NULL AND VOID: Allowing a license to expire because of non-renewal. A null and void license cannot be reinstated unless the applicant demonstrates that he or she failed to renew the license due to an illness or economic hardship.
- HIV/AIDS COURSE: Complete a board-approved Initial HIV/AIDS course and submit the course completion certificate with your application. The HIV/AIDS course must have been completed within two years prior to submitting an application and must be at least four hours long. For more information, please refer to our list of board-approved Initial HIV/AIDS Courses.
- EXAMINATION: You are not required to re-take the Florida cosmetology examination.
- FEE: Pay the required fee as provided in the application. Make check payable to the Department of Business and Professional Regulation. Military veterans, their spouses and Florida National Guard members may be eligible for a fee waiver, fee reimbursement, and/or fee discount. Please visit our DBPR Military Services page for more information.
- APPLICATION: Complete the application by clicking on the "Printable Application" link at the bottom of the page.
|If you have questions or need assistance in completing this application, please call the Florida Board of Cosmetology Customer Contact Center at 850.487.1395 or use the board's convenient contact form.
ParagonCET's 4 Hour HIV/AIDs is currently available online at: