- ENDORSEMENT: Attempting to qualify for licensure in Florida without having to take an examination by holding an current, active cosmetology license in another state.
- AGE: Cosmetology applicants must be at least 16 years of age or have received a high school diploma.
- HIV/AIDS COURSE: Complete a board-approved Initial HIV/AIDS course and submit the course completion certificate with your application. The HIV/AIDS course must have been completed within two years prior to submitting an application and must be at least four hours long. For more information, please refer to our list of board-approved Initial HIV/AIDS Courses. Paragon CET 4 Hour Course Available Online below.
- OUT-OF-STATE LICENSES: Applicants must hold a valid license to practice cosmetology in another state.
- EXAMINATION: If you qualify for licensure by endorsement, you will not be required to take the Florida cosmetology examination.
- FEE: Pay the required fee as provided in the application. If applying online, you can pay with a credit card or electronic check. If mailing your application, please include a check payable to the Department of Business and Professional Regulation. Military veterans, their spouses and Florida National Guard members may be eligible for a fee waiver, fee reimbursement, and/or fee discount. Please visit our DBPR Military Services page for more information.
- APPLICATION: Complete the application by clicking on the "Online Services" link or the "Printable Application" link at the bottom of the page.
Article is closed for comments.